Georgetown Plastic Surgery has helped hundreds of women in the greater Georgetown area who endured years of pain and a restricted lifestyle due to overly-large breasts. We can help you too with breast reduction surgery. Call us today at 512-686-1650 and suffer no more.
How does breast reduction work?
Breast reduction surgery, also called reduction mammaplasty, removes fat and glandular tissue and tightens skin to produce smaller, lighter breasts in a healthier proportion to the rest of your body. Once the tissue is removed, your breasts are reshaped and repositioned higher on your chest. If the areola has been stretched, the surgeon might also reshape it to size more appropriate for the new breast size.
What benefits can I expect from breast reduction surgery?
Following breast reduction surgery at Georgetown Plastic Surgery, you will enjoy a higher quality of life with:
- Increased ability to comfortably participate in physical activities and sports.
- Relief from bra-strap grooves, scar-like lines in the skin, and chronic rashes under the breasts.
- Improved posture which minimizes nerve problems and numbness and tingling in arms and hands.
- Less chronic pain such as headaches and neck, shoulder and back pain.
Many self-esteem issues are also closely associated with excessively large breasts. Many women find themselves less self-conscious about their body image and bolstered with greater self-confidence in social settings.
Am I a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
According to Dr. Staebel, the best candidates for this procedure are non-smokers in good physical and emotional health who suffer with one or more of the following:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain from the weight of your breasts
- Regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, low-hanging breasts
- Limitations on your physical activity and social interactions
- Concerns about the large size of your breasts
If you live in the Georgetown area and are struggling with the physical discomfort and embarrassment of excessively large breasts, contact Dr. Staebel at Georgetown Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation.